St Andrews Experience
The St Andrews Golf Experience - Guaranteed Tee Time
The home of golf dates back to 1552 when Archbishop Hamilton`s charter recognised the rights of the people of St Andrews to play golf. Now 600 years later, players are still swinging their clubs on the St Andrews links. They played with wooden balls, leather, balls stuffed with feathers, and gutta percha balls, made from the Malaysian Gutta tree sap that has naturally rigid latex. Unfortunately supplies ran out in the late 19th century, too many lost balls I think. Balata, latex made from the sap of a bully tree grown in Guyana came to the rescue and had a performance of around 70% of today`s balls. Six hundred years of golf clearly makes St Andrews the home of golf!
St Andrews Old Course and New Course - Kingsbarns Golf Links - Carnoustie Golf Links
This golf program is based in the famous golfing town of St Andrews at the world famous 4 star Rusacks Hotel. A magical destination for golf enthusiasts and you just never get tired of this place. This tour includes 4 rounds of golf on some superb links courses including Carnoustie and "The Old Course. Rusacks Hotel situated just 100 yards from the 18th green of the Old Course is perfectly located for Shops, Bars, Restaurants and the famous "Chariots of Fire" West Sands
There is much to keep you busy during your visit.
There is a Golf School of course, St Andrews Castle and University Grounds, West Sands Beach, the Cathedral and maybe a wee dram at the Kingsbarns Distillery. Talking of Kingsbarns, the course is rated very highly by just about every golfer who has played there. Kingsbarns the co-host of the annual European Tour`s Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, together with the Old Course at St Andrews and Carnoustie Golf Links. You`re going to play all of them. If you want to stay longer we can certainly find a few more incredible courses in the home of golf.
|New Course [+]|
|Old Course [+]|
|Private Transfer [+]|
Preferred Golf Premium Membership (US$295)
For the frequent traveler who enjoys playing a round wherever and whenever. Your US$295 Premium Membership includes Preferred Golf Fantasy Challenge and offers exclusive access to the world’s finest golf resorts, and more:
- Unlimited opportunities to book American Express® Complimentary Golf Package for a free round of golf with each consecutive two-night stay at participating Preferred Golf member resorts
- Access to dedicated Golf VIP Desk to assist with pre-arrival needs, preferred tee-times, and more
- Membership in iPrefer points-based loyalty program. You will earn points on every eligible stay, plus VIP benefits including complimentary Internet and free upgrades
- Exclusive member rates and packages including upgrades, free rounds, and complimentary Internet
- Guest privileges at some of the world's most exclusive courses (some conditions apply)
- Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
- Up to 25% off green fees at participating courses worldwide